Saturday, April 13, 2013

Digital Dialects

I decided to review Digital Dialects because it is one of my favourite type of language learning sites.

Games!

That's right. I said games. I found you one more game site.

And this one has tons of languages to choose from!

As your faithful language course tester I jumped on to Digital Dialects and decided to see what they have to offer. 

I played around with a couple of different languages including Chinese, Maltese, and Spanish.

I picked my first language and then I was taken to a place where I could select a category. There were quite a few game categories.

Greetings and phrases, animals, and colors only name a few!

Some categories offered under Chinese
I clicked around and tried different categories. One of the first categories I tried was Greetings and Phrases in Chinese.

The game loaded and gave me the option to either study the phrases or play the game. I clicked to play the game.




Chinese greetings and phrases game
 It was easier than I thought it would be considering I haven't studied Chinese in a while.

It gave me three words and English and my job was to pick the correct Chinese word for each one.

Spanish game for learning Ser, Tener, and Estar
One of my favorite games on the site ended up being the Spanish game for learning Ser, Estar, and Tener.

Watch what happens to the man with the mustache when you answer questions. 
It's funny!

Go have fun and tease the guy with the mustache for me!

Love,
Destiny

Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Mongolian, Norwegian, Oromo, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zazaki 

No comments:

Post a Comment