Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quizlet

Quizlet is another vocabulary site. And it's one worth mentioning in my opinion. 


When I signed up I noticed that Quizlet has a premium option. I almost never bother with premium options (how is an eight-year-old supposed to pay a hundred or more dollars a year?) but I do check to see how much they cost.



I was shocked because Quizlet only charges $15 for a year of premium service. I could pay for that with my allowance! Keep in mind, though, this review is for the FREE version of Quizlet because right now that's what I am trying.



On Quizlet you can create sets of flashcards or browse sets made by others in the languages mentioned below or for other things such as State Flags, Body Parts, and oddly enough Thanksgiving Dinner?



You can browse by category. 
I chose Languages And Vocabulary, of course.



Then I selected Spanish so I could check this place out.



I browsed through the pre-made sets of Spanish flashcards and settled on Spanish 2.





Each of the words is shown to you as a flashcard. Then you can practice, play a game, or take a test.



I decided to try out their games.



Scatter



In this game they throw all the words on the floor, in Spanish and English, and you have to pick up the Spanish word and put it on top of the English word or vice versa. This game was actually fun while it made me pay attention to the vocabulary.





Space Race



This is a game that requires some typing skill. The words fly by on the screen and you have to type them in as they are flying. I really like this game even though I can't seem to win it!










Languages

English and European
English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Finnish, Danish, Greek, Norwegian, Swedish, Irish-Gaelic, Welsh/Cymraeg, Latin

Asian and Pacific
Indonesian, Korean, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, 

Chinese
Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin

Japanese
Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji (writing)

Indian
Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, 

Middle Eastern
Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Pashto, Turkish

Slavic
Russian, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Polish, Serbian

No comments:

Post a Comment